Nilaish Paper Money Collection

Nilaish Paper Money Collection

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Biggest Collector of Indian Banknotes discovers unknown signature on a note!

5 Rupees, Green underprint, Dated: 1st September 1888, Circle of Issue: Madras
Signed by I.W. Rawlins, shown to the Numismatic World by Avid Collector Rezwan Razack. 
Image Curtsey: Rezwan Razack, Bangalore.

Many collectors keep years in waiting for such a great occasion of finding something original like this. Mr Rezwan Razack, the biggest collector of Indian Banknotes discovered this wonderful delight for the Indian paper money collectors this week. He has the most unique collection of Indian Banknotes ever seen together. He owns every single currency note ever printed for public use since 1812. This find is about an unknown signatory on Uniface notes. He shared the name of the signatory, I.W. Rawlins. In my entire collecting career of more than 15 years, I have not seen any note signed by him. I congratulate him for this pioneering success and authority on Indian Banknotes. I would consider this as rare note indeed!  

No comments:

Post a Comment